Keralan Spice Mix - 30g
Kerala is affectionately known as the Land of the Spices, and this mix bursts with all the delicious flavours from South India’s Kerala region.
|NUTRITION|| ||PER 100G|
|Energy (kJ)|| ||1045|
|Energy (kcal)|| ||248|
|Of which saturates|| ||<0.1g|
|Of which sugars|| ||<0.5g|
Salt, Roasted Coriander, Roasted Cumin, Dried Garlic, Dried Ginger, Paprika, Dried Tamarind, Dried Onion, Chilli, Turmeric, Fenugreek, Mustard Seeds (2%), Curry Leaves, Cinnamon (1%), Clove (1%), Black Pepper.
MADE IN A FACTORY WHERE NUTS & SESAME SEEDS ARE USED.
Spice Mix must be cooked before consumption.
NO ARTIFICIAL COLOURS, FLAVOURS OR PRESERVATIVES.
Shopping List: (Serves 4)
• 500- 600g King prawns, diced fish or chicken
• 2 tbsp vegetable oil
• 200ml coconut milk
• 400g can chopped tomatoes
• 1 pack Geeta’s Keralan spice mix
• Juice of half a lemon
• Fresh coriander for garnish
• Heat oil, fry chicken until lightly browned. If using prawns or fish add at later stage.
• Add sachet of spice mix and stir fry for 2-3 minutes.
• Stir in tomatoes, coconut milk and lemon juice and continue cooking for 15-20 minutes.
If using fish or prawns add when sauce has heated through and cook for 10-15 minutes.
• Garnish with chopped coriander and serve with basmati rice.
• Geeta’s Tip: Serve with potatoes stir fried in mustard seeds and curry leaves, garnish with coconut.
SUITABLE FOR VEGETARIANS, VEGANS & COELIACS.